Our One-on-One Programs Allow Your Training Upon Acceptance
STEP 1: Schedule a Campus Tour or Phone Interview
Dial (530) 214-0711 or message us.
* Introductory Flight – The Federal Aviation Administration also mandates 30 minutes of ground training before the flight. Flight $200.
STEP 2: Apply
Download and fill-out the application and submit documentation required on the pre-admission check-list.
Pacific North Helicopter Academy is currently in process of getting F1 and M1 visa approval with the Department of Homeland Security. Check-back in mid-2018 for an update of our application status.
International students are encouraged to come for time building. There is no application for time building, just a phone interview.
STEP 3: FAA Medical Exam
All students that wish to be employed in the aviation industry will need a second class medical. We recommend that during enrollment you are approved for at least a second class medical to ensure you are employable upon program completion. A second class medical must be renewed annually. Click here a list of FAA aviation medical examiners
STEP 4: Funding
If you need financial assistance to help you afford flight school, there’s good news! There are many grants and scholarships available through the FAA. Check out the list of grants and scholarship programs available to flight school students. Scholarships.com is also a great resource for finding helicopter scholarships.
You’ll have a number of financial programs available to you if you are enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with our partner college(s).
- The Federal Pell Grant does not need to be repaid and is awarded based on financial need.
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans are not awarded based on financial need, but do need to be repaid and are subject to interest. These are also known as Stafford Loans.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans for Parents are available for parents to assist paying for their children’s schooling.
Most financial aid is provided to those students seeking degrees. If you are not seeking a degree with your helicopter training, you’ll still have plenty of financing options available to you.
- Sallie Mae offers the Career Training Smart Option with variable interest rates and different repayment options.
- Many different banks will also lend to students enrolled in flight training programs. You can check out the Wells Fargo Private Student Loan and Discover Scholarships for an idea of what these loans look like.
Pacific North is in the process of getting approval through state education boards and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs to receive Veterans’ benefits. Please check back soon.
STEP 5: Begin Training
Pay Tuition and begin ground and flight training,
Truckee Base Headquarter
12219 Business Park Drive Ste 12, Truckee, CA 96161
434 Parkway Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Turin Alps European Branch
Via San Francesco D’Assisi 22
Turin, 10121 Italy
South Lake Tahoe Airport
1901 Airport Road
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
HeliTahoe™ LLC is Aviation Managing Firms and Tour Agency.
All the flight services are Operated by Reno Tahoe Helicopters™/Heliminden LLC